About Springbok Lodge
If you're going on a safari, your should be staying in a tent. If you're going to stay in a tent, you may as well stay in a luxury one! The 21 Luxury tents have all the amenities any game lodge would be more than proud to have. Each tent has an air conditioner for those really hot days in the summer and for winters it can be used as a heater and if that is not enough - the beds are fitted with electric blankets to ensure you are always comfortable.
Originally started by the great Springboks and Rugby World cup winners, John Smit and Percy Montgomery, Springbok Lodge was the first Safari camp in Nambiti to have luxury tents.
The tents are split into 8 family inter-leading tents and 13 doubles. They are all raised on platforms with hardwood floors throughout. Inside you'll find a standalone bath, comfortable bedding, en suite facilities which lead to an outside shower, The tents are spaced far enough apart to ensure privacy and a sense of your own space.
There are two game drives daily, One in the morning and one in the evening but if you are in the mood for a mid day activity, speak to your game ranger on check in and enquire about a spot of fishing or one of the other activities that may be on offer.
Springbok Lodge is now a fenced Camp with an electric fence to keep strolling humans from bumping into visiting Elephant, Buffalo, Lion and other visitors from the animal kingdom
Activities at Springbok Lodge
- The Game viewing is in open vehicles which gives guests the opportunity of viewing fauna and flora in all directions.
- Two scheduled Safaris (game drives) are included in the rate pppn. (maximum of 10 guests per game viewer)
- Guided or self-guided Birding Walks within the fenced area.
- Fishing (seasonal).
Around the Lodge
- Spacious lounge area with cosy couches and large fire place.
- Large wooden deck with panoramic views into the reserve.
- Dining room
- Entire lodge is wheelchair accessible.
- Fully stocked bar
- Expansive lawn area.
- A rock pool (with wheelchair access).
- A curio shop with clothing, beaded jewellery and artefacts.
- Open air boma area.
- Credit card facilities.
- Free wi fi available
- Laundry service.
- Children’s play area with jungle gym, see saw, slide, swing etc.
- Volley ball court, badminton, croquet
- Unobtrusive perimeter fence electric.
- Mobile phone coverage can be erratic.
- Secure undercover parking (off site).
- Please note that the pool is not fenced.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the lodge.
- Children under 2 years are not permitted to go on any game drives.
- Children 3-11 years, sharing with an adult, pay a child sharing tariff.
- A child friendly dinner menu option is available.
- Jungle gym, swings, see-saw & slide available.
- Babysitting is available at a nominal fee (during game drives & dinner time).
Please advise your Southern Routes reservations agent or Springbok Lodge if your arrival time is going to differ from the one you completed on your booking form.
On arrival at Woodlands gate and after filling on your arrival form you will be directed to the parking area where your Springbok Lodge Guide will come and fetch you. You are entering a big 5 Game reserve, please drive carefully and be responsible if you happen on any sightings on your way to the parking.
You will be transported by Game Viewer by your Game Ranger to the Lodge.
All times are approximate and are dependent on weather and seasonal sunset and sunrise times. Visiting groups that are large enough to use one Game viewer together can further customise the times to suit themselves.
- Arrive anytime from 13H00. Lunch is at 1 pm and and you can check into your tents from 14h00 hours
- Depart for afternoon game drive: ±15h00 (winter) / ±16h00 (summer) (drives are ± 3 hours)
- Return to lodge, drop off at tents for freshen up
- Dinner from 19h00 (winter) / 20h00 (summer)
- Early morning tea & coffee at lodge: 07h00 (winter) / 05h00 (summer)
- Depart for morning game drive: ± 07h30 (winter) / ± 05h30 summer (drives are ± 3 hours)
- Breakfast from 09h00 (winter) / 08h00 (summer)
- Vacate room by: 10h30
- Check out by 11h00 and transfer back to car park
- * Drive & meal times are a guide line & are affected by the change of season & weather Conditions on the day*
All extras to be settled directly with the Lodge unless pre arranged with Reservations