The Drakensberg mountains, Afrikaans for "The dragon mountain" or
uKhahlamba, Zulu for The Barrier of Spears
The Drakensberg Mountains and Nambiti Game Reserve are an hours drive from each other.
The Drakensberg Mountains fall into four valleys, beginning with the Champagne Valley in the Central Berg, through the Cathedral Peak and Didima Valley, the Royal Natal National Park and Amphitheatre Valley, and finally the Middledale Pass Valley in the Northern Berg.
The dramatic scenery is some of the most beautiful you could imagined
Valid: 1 Sep 2021 - 31 October 2021
Per person sharing from R 8 920 for 4 nights
- 2 Nights at The Cavern Resort & Spa in a Standard room
- Breakfasts, lunch and dinner daily
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Guided hikes into the exceptional wilderness
The Cavern Includes
- 2 Nights at The Springbok Lodge in luxury tented accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- 2 game drives per day including snacks, teas and coffees
Springbok Lodge Includes
- Conservation levies at Nambiti Game reserve ( ease below )
- Sightseeing and gratuities not mentioned
- All items of personal nature.
- Babysitting costs may apply for young children if required
- Subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Terms and conditions apply.
Block Out Dates Apply:School Holidays and Long Weekends
- Nambiti Rhino Protection Levy is R 70 (including VAT) per person per night
- Payable directly at the lodge on the day of departure
- Subject to change without notice.
Conservation Levy/ Rhino Protection Levy ( Excluded from normal rates )
The Cavern Resort and Spa
The Cavern is a family friendly resort next to the Royal Natal National Park and the Amphitheatre. The Cavern is named after the ‘Cannibal Cavern‘, a 200 meter wide and 60 meter deep overhang, situated above the hotel, and which was home to ancestors of the Amazizi tribe.
There are local guides on hand to accompany guests on short or more challenging hikes. Numerous beauty spots can be visited and there dams where you can Fish for trout on a catch and release basis. Take a swim in one of the rivers or in the large crystal clear swimming pool.
Luxury Tented Accommodation in a Big 5 Private Game Reserve. The tents are air conditioned in the warm summer months and heated in the chilly winter ones with electric blankets keeping guests extra snug.
Each of the elevated luxury en suite tents have their own viewing deck.