About Nambiti Plains
Nambiti Plains Game lodge is a 5 Star lodge in the Central area of the Nambiti Game Reserve with 7 Luxury Suites. 4 Luxury Suites 3 Honeymoon Suites.
The suites all have their private verandas for relaxing and doing a bit of in-between game drive, game viewing! There is underfloor heating for the chilly winter months and fans to keep the rooms cool in the summer. The lodge is done in a very minimalist style of decor with the beams exposed below the thatched roof, stone walls and screened floors, the service and the offering is nothing short of luxurious.
The rooms all have huge floor to ceiling sliding doors which you can open for uninterrupted views from the bed or while you are lazing in the bath.
The main lodge is thatched as well, it has wooden decks overlooking the reserve where you can relax with a nice cold drink and do some game viewing or some reading, perhaps watch some animals drinking and bathing at the waterhole. There is a swimming pool to enjoy on warm days which you may have to share ( or vacate ) when the elephants come along for a drink which seems to happen fairly regularly.
They take mealtimes seriously at Nambiti Plains and fine dining is definitely the order of the day! The Lodge belongs to a group of lodges called "Flavours of KZN".
- Two scheduled Safaris (game drives) are included in the rate and are usually taken early morning and late afternoon.
- Fishing is offered on a catch and release basis with a variety of Large‐Mouth Bass, Small‐Mouth Bass and Blue Gill available in the dams around the reserve.
- Game walks at an additional cost
The rooms, whether they are the inter-leading Luxury units or the more private Honeymoon suites, are expansive and larger than typical hotel/ lodge rooms found elsewhere. Both room types have their own private decks and open-plan bathroom areas with large bathtubs that look out over the veld, as well as indoor showers. The Honeymoon suites additionally include an outside shower as well as air-conditioning.
All rooms have a safe, mini bar, tea and coffee station, torches, hair-dryers, towels, bathrobes, fans, mosquito nets and floor to ceiling windows as well as air-conditioning that double up as a heater as well.
Amenities are produced by Healing Earth, who provide an award-winning, natural and eco friendly range of soaps and body lotions.
- Decks with wonderful views of the waterhole and open plains
- A swimming pool at the lodge that has wrap-around decks and overlooks the waterhole
- Lounge chairs and pool loungers
- Board games
- Communal sets of binoculars
- Mosquito nets
Since Nambiti Plains isn’t fenced in, they do not accommodate children under the age of 8 years. Children 8 years and older are welcome on game drives with their parents.
- Big 5 game drives
- Bird watching
- Game Walks/ Guided
- High Tea
Please advise your Nambiti.info reservations agent or Nambiti Plains Lodge if your arrival time is going to differ from the one you completed on your booking form.
Please contact the lodge when passing Ladysmith so that they can be sure to be ready for you when you arrive, as the lodge is situated a distance from Memorial Gate.
You are entering a big 5 Game reserve, please drive carefully and be responsible if you happen on any sightings on your way to the parking.
You will be transported by Game Viewer by your game ranger to the Lodge.
- Check-in is at 12h30 (in time for lunch) with check-in to the rooms from 14h00. Lunch is usually served between 13h30 and 14h30. Late arrivals can still enjoy a small high tea in the afternoon.
- Game drives are at about 15h30. Please keep this in mind when arriving, be sure to leave enough time to join the game drive.
Check-out is at 10h30 (You will be transferred back to your car).
All extras to be settled directly with the Lodge unless pre arranged with Reservations