About Elephant Rock Lodge
Elephant Rock Lodge is superbly positioned in the Nambiti Reserve overlooking a waterhole where game come down to drink quite often. It is a small boutique lodge offering luxury accommodation for up to 10 people
You will find an indoor dining area and lounge with free-standing fireplace in the main area of the lodge and what would a safari be without a G & T which you can get from the large bar area.
A perfect companion for watching the game below. There is a beautiful rock pool and an outdoor entertainment area that overlooks the watering hole.
Elephant Rock lodge has just 5 rooms. It is a small and intimate lodge. We have found it quite popular with extended families and friend groups securing the whole lodge on an exclusive use basis. With just the 5 rooms it is easily done.
The lodge allows kids from the age of 3 ( unless the whole lodge has been booked on an exclusive basis ) and they really work hard at getting the children involved in the game drives and game spotting.
The lodge is also popular for small workshops and Management Retreats. The relaxed and stimulating atmosphere helps create opportunities for methodical planning and decision making.
Facilities around the lodge
- Boma Dinner
- Swimming Pool
- Views from the bedroom
- Big Five Game Drives
- Large indoor bar facility
- Indoor dining area
- Bird Watching
Facilities at your chalet
- In-room wellness treatments
- 5 Suites1 is a family suite - 2 inter-leading rooms
- En suite bathrooms.
- Outdoor shower.
- A mini-safe.
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hair-dryers.
- Tea and Coffee making facilities.
- A morning and late afternoon game drive are included in the rate.
- The Drakensberg Mountains are an hour away. A great holiday combination known as a "Berg and Bush"
- There is fishing by request (seasonal).
- Battlefields tours can be booked
- While it may not sound like an activity, sitting on the deck watching the animals ( often elephant ) drink and play at the waterhole is extremely satisfying
Kindly note that children 12yrs and under are welcome to join game drives, however, Depending on the maturity of the children and at the Rangers discretion these drives may not be allowed within 50 meters of a big five sighting.
Unless the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis, children under the age of 3 cannot be accommodated at the lodge.
Please advise your Nambiti.info reservations agent or Elephant Rock Lodge if your arrival time is going to differ from the one you completed on your booking form.
On arrival at Memorial Gate and after filling in your arrival form you will be directed to the parking area where your Elephant Rock Lodge Guide will come and fetch you.
You are entering a big 5 Game reserve, please drive carefully and be responsible if you happen on any sightings on your way to the parking.
You will be transported by Game Viewer by your Game Ranger to the Lodge.
All times are approximate and are dependent on weather and seasonal sunset and sunrise times. Visiting groups that are large enough to use one Game viewer together can further customise the times to suit themselves.
- Please arrive for pickup from the parking area by 2pm at the latest.
- Lunch is at about 1.30 pm and and you can check into your tents from 14h00 hours
- Game drives are at about 15h00 in winter. In summer they leave a bit later usually at 15h30 to 16h00
- Dinner in winter is at around 19h30 and a bit later in summer
- In Winter, morning coffee is at about 06h30 with your game drive departing at about 07h00. In Summer your game drive will be about an hour earlier
- Breakfast in Summer is at about 09h00 and about an hour later in winter.
Check out time is about 11h00 and you will be transferred to your vehicle by 12h00
All extras to be settled directly with the Lodge unless pre arranged with Southern Routes Reservations